In the Barceló Foundation we intend to “educate for change”, in the countries we work, under the motto “learning to learn”, a task consisting not so much in learning the solution to problems, but in developing the capacity to solve them.
Education is a high priority in the Barceló Foundation, acknowledging the fact that it is a key factor in the personal, social and economical development of the people.
In the education field, the areas in which we primarily work are the following:
- Facilitating schooling of children in underserved areas, whose families have significant financial problems. On the same theme, the Foundation pays particular attention to young females that in many of these places suffer from significantly lower levels of schooling.
- Improving the quality of education in many of these countries by training local professionals.
- To provide as far as possible, the equipment and training materials necessary to develop a basic educational framework in disadvantaged areas.
- Building and/or reforming schools.
The Barceló Foundation intends to “educate for a change” in these countries under the motto “learning to learn”, a task consisting not so much in learning the solution of problems, but , developing the capacity to solve them.
See full list of Projects
The educational projects carried out by the Barceló Foundation include the following:
- Support for a farm-school in Dédougou.
- Educational grants for primary and higher education in Dédougou.
Scholarships for primary and secondary education in Makebuko.
Computer room for vocational training of women in Yaoundé.
- Grants for primary and secondary education in Gonzagueville.
- Construction of the second phase of Le Carmel High School in Abidjan.
- Construction of Primary School Saint Gabriel of Asela in the Vicariate of Meki.
- Construction of an elementary school in Dodola.
Cooperating with the Program, “A family for Abandoned Children” in children centers in Ghana.
Building of facilities in the Padre Pio de Luzangazi School.
Scholarships for children of several primary and secondary schools in Inhambane.
- Equipment and furniture for primary school of Campaner Foundation in Diffa.
- Construction of five new classrooms for this school.
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO
- Improvements of the infrastructure of Uzima Institute.
- Purchase of a photocopier for the town of Kanzenze.
- Purchase of desks for Kafacumba boarding school.
Providing access to education, nourishment and health care for children from villages of Kounkané rural community, in Kolda.
Multi-ethnic Studies Project. Educational support and provision of school supplies.
- Caring for children and young people in Sucre St.
- Social and family reintegration of children in the home of San José de Cochabamba.
- Implementation of a tele-centre and computer training in Sucre.
- Improving the nutrition and school performance of children of Cimet Street, Chuquisaca, Oropeza.
Building of a nursery in Potrero Grande, Cali.
- Improving the quality of education in the rural areas of San Marcos and Suchitepequez.
- Supporting the “Centro de Enfermería Auxiliar Comunitaria” (community nursing center) in Guatemala.
- Educational scholarships for girls and youth from the rural areas of Totonicapan and Retalhuleu.
- Development of education in the rural villages of San Marcos and Sololá.
- Community workshops for women.
- Improving the quality of education for the hearing impaired in Sololá.
Refurbishment of Cristo Obrero School in Managua.
Refurbishment of Girote School.
Improving the infrastructure and furnishings of educational institutions in Pueblo Nuevo’s district.
- Supporting and building of a school and a “soup kitchen” for “buzo” children from the Rafey dumpster.
- Scholarships and grants for school supplies for children of St. Catherine’s Parish.
- Educational program in Sabana Yegua.
- Comprehensive care center for abandoned children in Barahona.
Scholarships for preschool, primary and secondary education in Cumana Caigüiere.
Sewing wokshops for women in Tchikomba.
- Scholarships for primary and secondary education in Dedougou.
- Equipment for the school-farm in Dedougou.
- Improvement of facilities and extension of “Petite Thérèse” school.
- Vocational training for youth not attending school in Gonzagueville.
- Training in hotel industry for youth in Plateau Dokui.
Scolarships for children in the schools of Meki’s Vicariate.
- Construction of an orphanage in Huhunya and Otrokper
- Construction of Nkurakan School.
- Construction of a nursery and primary school in the orphanages of Nsutem and Huhunya.
- Support for young families recently reunited.
Construction of Madovela primary school.
Improving health and educational infrastructures in the region of Diffa and Gueskerou.
Construction of an Elementary and Secondary School in Nyabisindu, funded by the Balearic Government.
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO
- Primary education and vocational training in Goma.
- Training of health workers in Kinshasa.
- Expansion of the sports area of San Cayetano school.
- Schooling of children and teacher training in Las Esmeraldas.
- Comprehensive education and support for the schooling of children in Guayaquil.
- Improving the quality of education in rural schools of Cantóm Gamote and Chimborazo.
- Bilingual intercultural education in rural schools having Kichwa students.
- Construction of classrooms and bathrooms in Autogestion Olintepeque school in La Paz, Quetzaltenango.
- Construction of Chitaracena de Totonicapan school.
- Vocational Training Institutes run by cooperatives in Huehuetenango, Quetzaltenango, San Marcos and Totonicapan.
- Community workshops for women (ICEFAT – Basic Education Centers).
- Technical business training for women in Suchitepequez.
Strengthening business and employment program for people with disabilities.
- Schooling of children in the town of Jonotla.
- Re-conditioning a computer room in the old people’s home St. Mary of Veracruz.
- Teaching-training colleges and promotion of research in Chinandega, Matagalpa, Esteli and Chontales’ schools.
- Computer Laboratory for training girls in the Hogar de Cristo Obrero.
- Promoting research among directors, teaching staff and students of the Teaching-training colleges of Managua and Carazo.
“Tagua” Vocational Training Center for women.
- Running the Villaverde School- Nursery in Santiago de los Caballeros.
- Professional and comprehensive technical training for teenagers in the area of El Café.
- Provision of computers for a computer school in San Juan.
- Construction of a school in the home Casa-Hogar de Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH).
- Technical Education in the tourism sector in the province of Seibo.
- “Los niños también cantan” (Children also sing). Radio Seybo.
The Barceló Foundation appreciates the encouragement and support of all those who share our concern and are interested in our projects.
If you are an educational professional, or have experience in this area, why don’t you send us your resume, and information about yourself, together with any your queries or concerns, to: email@example.com, and where appropriate, indicating both your availability and country/ regional preferences of support or possible future work with the Foundation Barceló?